MOBIL VACTRA NO. 4
WAY AND SLIDE LUBRICANT
Mobil Vactra NO. 4 Description
MOBIL VACTRA NO. 4 is a premium-quality slideway lubricants specifically designed to meet the requirements for accuracy, aqueous coolant separability, and equipment protection of precision machine tools.
MOBIL VACTRA NO. 4 is carefully formulated from high-quality base stocks and performance balanced with an advanced additive system that provides controlled frictional properties, compatibility with aqueous metal working fluids and corrosion protection of parts and equipment. The unique additive package provides exceptional frictional properties on a wide variety of way materials, including steel on steel and steel on polymer, reducing stick-slip and chatter. This allows smooth, uniform motion at design travel speeds enhancing machine productivity and accuracy helping to prolong tool life and enhance surface finish. MOBIL VACTRA NO. 4 has been optimized to provide separability from many aqueous coolants while minimizing the corrosive effects of high pH coolants on lubricated surfaces.
Mobil Vactra NO. 4 Benefits
Controlled Frictional Characteristics:
Helps eliminate stick slip; allows consistently accurate machining
Suitable for a wide range of way material combinations allowing for product consolidation
Water and Aqueous Coolant Separability:
Helps improve the life and performance of many aqueous coolants
Prevents removal of lubricant from critical surfaces
Long Term Rust and Corrosion Protection:
Helps reduce the deterioration of sliding surfaces in the presence of water and aqueous coolants
Mobil Vactra NO. 4 Application
- Suitable for use in applications that require Cincinnati Machine specifications P53, P47, and P50
- Mobil Vactra Oil No. 4 is recommended for large machines where way pressures are high and good precision is required
- Vertical and inclined slideways where drain-down can be a problem and for moderate service machine tool gear drive mechanisms.
- Lubrication of ball screws, linear guides, headstocks, translating screws
- Applications where oil contamination of the aqueous coolants shortens coolant batch life
Product Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet